- Adding a New Contact
- Editing Contact Details
- Deleting a Contact
- Uploading Files and Images to a Contact
Your Flex system can contain a variety of contacts, from facilities to company employees. Data like addresses, telephone numbers, and more can be entered for each contact record. Flex includes the following default contact resource types (the different folders in the Contacts section of the Resource Browser):
Adding a New Contact
- In the Main Menu, go to Contacts and select New Contact (or use the Quick Links tab New Contact icon).
- Enter the new contact information.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company: The company that the contact works for. This selection must be chosen from an existing company contact record in your Flex system. We recommend creating a single company contact, then individual contact records for each employee of the company.
- Is Company: Choosing "Yes" will remove the name and job title fields, and you will only be able to input a company name.
- Job Title: The job title of the contact (manager, team leader, etc.).
- Barcode: An identifier used to open a contact on the Scan to Contact screen.
- Assigned Number: An optional additional identifying number for a contact. Used for internal reference.
- Resource Type: Click the Search icon to view your Resource Type options. Highlight the resource type folder(s) that you want the contact to appear in and click OK. A contact can appear in more than one resource type folder.
- Mobile Phone, Office Phone: Optional phone number entries. You can add additional phone numbers and number types after the contact is created.
- Email: Enter the primary email of the contact. You can add additional emails after the contact is created.
- Address Information: Enter the contact's primary address (street name, city/suburb, state, zip, country). You can add additional addresses after the contact is created.
- Time Zone: The time zone where the contact is located.
- Click OK.
You can also click New Company from the Contacts menu, which will automatically set the Is Company setting to Yes and remove the First Name, Last Name and Job Title options.
Editing Contact Details
To edit the basic information about a contact, double-click the contact name in the left-hand Resource Browser, then click the Edit Contact icon in the top right section of the contact header.
Deleting a Contact
Open the contact by double-clicking the contact name in the left-hand Resource Browser. Click the Delete icon in the top right section of the contact header and confirm that you would like to delete the contact.
Uploading Files and Images to a Contact
Each contact entry has a Files tab and an area where you load an image of the contact. This is where you can upload documents, URLs, or images associated with the contact.
To upload a file to a contact entry:
- Open the contact that you want to upload a document for.
- Click the Files tab.
- Select the Add New File icon located in the bottom menu.
- Click Upload File to locate the document you want to upload OR enter a URL link.
- Click ADD.
Each uploaded file or URL will now be listed on the Files tab. You can download the document by clicking on the file name or click on the URL to navigate to that link. To delete a file or URL, click the checkbox of the line and select the Delete Selected Lines icon in the bottom menu.
To upload an image to a contact entry:
- Open the contact that you want to upload an image to.
- Drag and drop an image or click BROWSE.
- Follow the steps found in the Add Contact Image window.