- Creating a New Inventory Model
- Field Definitions
- Editing an Inventory Model
- Uploading an Inventory Model Image and Files
- Viewing an Inventory Model Audit Trail
- Deleting an Inventory Model
Since your inventory is a vital part of your Flex system, we recommend being as thorough as possible when adding inventory items.
Creating a New Inventory Model
- On the Main Menu, select the Inventory menu and click New Inventory Model.
- Enter the new inventory item information (see Field Definitions section).
- Click OK.
- Name: The name that will appear on documents.
- Short Name: The name that will appear in the inventory tree.
- Short Hand: Optional short hand version of the item name that makes the item more easily searchable.
- Size: The size of the item (optional, but typically used for cable lengths, monitor and TV sizes, etc.).
- Narrative Description: Longer and more detailed description of the item.
- Primary Group: Where the item will appear in the inventory tree.
- Additional Groups: If needed, the item can appear in more than one location in the inventory tree.
- Icon: Click the binoculars icon to choose an icon from the extensive icon library. Click the broom icon to delete the current icon.
- Purchase Cost: The purchase cost of a single unit of the item.
- Replacement Cost: The replacement cost of a single unit of the item. This amount can be calculated per line item on a Quote, with a grand total replacement cost showing on the Quote.
- Manufacturer: The manufacturer of the item.
- Country of Manufacture: The country where the item was manufactured. This information can be printed per line item on an equipment manifest.
- Hide: Selecting Yes will cause this item to be hidden (in the inventory tree and when searching) from any user that does not have permission to view hidden items.
- Notes: Anything entered in this area will appear as a note when this item is placed onto a Quote or other document.
- Tags: Currently not implemented.
Structure / Availability
- Preset: A Non Serialized Model means that each unit of the model will not have its own barcode. A Serialized Model is a parent model where each unit will have its own barcode.
- Tracked by S/N: Determines whether or not the item is tracked by serial number, or, in other words, whether the item is serialized or non-serialized.
Tracking / Logistics
- Item / Part Number: The manufacturer item or part number for your reference.
- SKU: The manufacturer SKU for your reference.
- Model Bar Code: Leave this field blank and Flex will automatically generate a barcode. You can also manually enter a barcode if needed.
- Weight Unit: The unit of weight used for whatever value is entered in the next field.
- Weight: The weight of the item. This number can be calculated per line item on an equipment manifest to show the total weight of all items scanned.
- Linear Unit: The unit of measurement used for whatever value is entered into the next three fields.
- Length: The length of the item.
- Width: The width of the item.
- Height: The height of the item.
Editing an Inventory Model
- Open an inventory model page by double-clicking on an inventory item name in the inventory tree or in the search tab.
- Click the Edit Model icon in the upper right hand item header.
- Edit the inventory model information (see Field Definitions section).
- Click OK.
Viewing an Inventory Model Audit Trail
- Open the inventory model that you want to view the audit trail for.
- Click the Audit Trail icon in the upper right hand item header.
The Audit Trail page will show you each time the inventory model has been changed, including the creation of new serial units, whenever it was prepped or returned (quantity changes), or if it was marked out of commission.
Uploading an Inventory Model Image and Files
To upload an image to an Inventory Model:
- Open the inventory model that you want to add a model image to.
- Drag and drop an image or click BROWSE.
- Follow the steps found in the Add Model Image window.
For more Inventory Model Image options, hover over the uploaded image as shown below.
To upload a file(s) to an Inventory Model:
Each inventory model has a Files tab. This is where you can upload documents, URLs, or images associated with the inventory model.
- Open the inventory model that you want to upload a document to.
- Click the Files tab.
- Select the Add New File icon located in the bottom menu.
- Click Upload File to locate the document you want to upload OR enter a URL link.
- Click ADD.
Each uploaded file or URL will now be listed on the Files tab. You can download the document by clicking on the file name or click on the URL to navigate to that link. To delete a file or URL, click the checkbox of the line and select the Delete Selected Lines icon in the bottom menu.
Deleting an Inventory Model
- Open the inventory model that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete Inventory Model icon in the upper right hand item header.
- Click Yes to confirm.